Guardio offers everyone a 7-day, no-obligation free trial, so you can give it a try before you buy. At the end of your free trial, your subscription will be activated and you’ll be charged on the payment method you provided during signup.
At any point during your first 7 days, you can cancel your free trial and your Premium protection will expire at the end of the trial. You’ll move to a free plan and you won’t be charged. Obviously, you can upgrade to Premium and reactivate your protection at any time.
Important Note: You can’t end your trial or delete your account by just uninstalling the Guardio extension or sending an email to support.
How to cancel your free trial on your desktop:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar (initials) in the top-right corner
- Click Subscription
- Click Change next to Plan
- Click Turn Off
- Click Cancel Subscription
That’s all you need to do. You’ll receive an email confirming your free trial cancellation and you’ll automatically switch to the Free plan at the end of the trial period. You can also check the Subscriptions page on your Guardio Dashboard to confirm that your free trial was canceled.
If you were charged for a Guardio subscription:
- If your free trial ended and you’ve already been charged for a subscription, you can still cancel your subscription. You will not be refunded, but it means you will no longer pay for Guardio, and you will be on the free tier.
- If you tried to cancel your trial before it ended but were charged for a subscription, contact our support team for more help.
Find your Guardio account email:
If you have a Guardio charge on your billing statement, but you don’t remember which email account you signed up with, you can contact our support team.
Make sure to provide to include the following information:
- Date of the last charge from Guardio.
- Amount charged.
- Full name on the credit card.
- For PayPal charged the PayPal transaction ID.
Looking for a refund?
Check out this article outlining our policy: Guardio's Refund Policy.