Guardio provides automatic renewal to ensure that no lapses in coverage occur for those wishing to keep their protection. A lapse in protection can mean the difference between a clean, safe browser and one infected with malware and other threats.
By default, all subscriptions and trials begin with automatic renewal turned on. This means that Guardio will automatically renew your subscription at the end of your trial period or the final day of your current subscription. This ensures that you aren't left vulnerable to threats.
As a provider of security, Guardio employs the highest standards to protect your financial information. This is done using highly secure encrypted connections so you can rest assured that your information is safe with us.
To Change Your Renewal Preferences
- Visit your Guardio Membership Page
- To cancel, select Cancel Membership. To reactivate, select Activate Membership
Before You Cancel
Before canceling, there are some things that you should know.
- When you cancel, your protection will expire at the end of your current term, whether that's the end of your trial period or the end of the billing cycle you've already paid. If you've already been charged and wish to request a refund, please reach out to the Guardio Support team.
- If you have the Guardio browser extension installed and wish to remove it, please see: How can I uninstall Guardio?
- If the cost to continue is too expensive, Guardio offers monthly billing and may be able to offer special discounted pricing if you contact support.
- If you're experiencing popups, browser hijackers, or have another problem that hasn't been resolved, Guardio offers personalized help with more stubborn threats. Use our cleanup tool or report an issue from your Dashboard.