The message "your connection is not private/not secure" is a generic message that comes directly from your browser and is not related to Guardio. This message appears when there is a problem with the security certificate (SSL) of a website you’re trying to visit. In other words, your browser shows you this message when it isn’t sure if the website will keep your data safe. When your browser cannot verify an SSL certificate, it gives you the "your connection is not private" error message. This doesn’t always mean the website you’re trying to visit is attempting to steal your data. Here are a few reasons why you might be seeing this error:
- The website’s SSL certificate expired.
- The domain holder never got their SSL certificate.
- It was never set up correctly.
To fix this issue, try the following steps:
- Reload the page
- Check your internet connection (Wi-Fi, public Wi-Fi)
- Check the URL and make sure there are no typos
- Clear your browser cache
- Update your browser
- If you are still unable to access the website after trying these steps, please contact the website owner using their support or contact page.