Guardio offers everyone a 7-day, no-obligation free trial, so you can give it a try before you buy. At the end of your free trial, your subscription will be activated and you’ll be charged on the payment method you provided during signup.
At any point during your first 7 days, you can cancel your free trial and your Premium protection will expire at the end of the trial. You’ll move to a free plan and you won’t be charged. Obviously, you can upgrade to Premium and reactivate your protection at any time.
Important Note: You can’t end your trial or delete your account by just uninstalling the Guardio extension or sending an email to support.
How to cancel your free trial on your desktop:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar (initials) in the top-right corner
- Click Subscription
- Click Change next to Plan
- Click Turn Off
- Click Cancel Subscription
That’s all you need to do. You’ll receive an email confirming your free trial cancellation and you’ll automatically switch to the Free plan at the end of the trial period. You can also check the Subscriptions page on your Guardio Dashboard to confirm that your free trial was canceled.
If you were charged for a Guardio subscription:
- If your free trial ended and you’ve already been charged for a subscription, you can still cancel your subscription. You will not be refunded, but it means you will no longer pay for Guardio, and you will be on the free tier.
- If you tried to cancel your trial before it ended but were charged for a subscription, contact our support team for more help.
Find your Guardio account email:
If you have a Guardio charge on your billing statement, but you don’t remember which email account you signed up with, you can contact our support team.
Make sure to provide to include the following information:
- Date of the last charge from Guardio.
- Amount charged.
- Full name on the credit card.
- For PayPal charged the PayPal transaction ID.
Looking for a refund?
Check out this article outlining our policy: Guardio's Refund Policy.
We're proud to offer anyone considering Guardio a 7-day, no-obligation-free trial. This way, you can ensure Guardio is a good fit before making a payment.
How can I activate my Trial?
When you begin your trial, we'll ask for some basic information to create your account. This information includes your name, email address, a password of your choosing, and billing preferences. This allows us to reduce fraud and ensure uninterrupted service for those wishing to continue protection past the end of the trial period, but don't worry. We'll send a reminder email two days before your trial ends so you can make any adjustments to your renewal preferences.
How to install Guardio's Live Browser Extension
Next, we'll guide you through a simple two-click installation of the Guardio browser extension. Once installed, Guardio will scan for existing threats like malicious browser extensions, browser hijackers, abusive push notifications, and data breaches involving your information.
For the next seven days, you can sit back and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you're protected. You can see each threat Guardio saved you from on your Dashboard.
- Click here if you have additional email accounts you'd like to protect.
- You can also add this same protection to 4 more computers at no cost. To do this, please follow these instructions: Installing Guardio on Additional Devices.
How can I end the Trial?
If you decide that Guardio isn't a good fit, you can contact our support team for help with any problems you may have encountered, or you can cancel your trial using these instructions before the end of your trial. If you keep your protection, we'll bill the payment method on file for the plan you chose when signing up.
When you start your free trial you may see something on your credit card statement from Guardio AUTH (or Guardio hold). This is not an actual charge - it’s an authorization hold. Guardio and many other online services use this simple process to ensure that payment methods have enough funds if a customer decides to continue beyond a free trial.
You’ll only see a real charge from Guardio if you decide to continue with full protection at the end of your free trial. If you cancel during your trial period, the authorization hold will automatically be removed.
Have more questions? Contact us!
In today's world, it doesn't matter whether you're browsing on a computer with Windows, Mac, Linux, or on a Chromebook. Online threats affect everyone. Given how costly it can be to undo the damage caused by them, it's more important than ever to make sure that you're using some form of protection regardless of the type of computer you're using.
Guardio protects Chrome, Edge, and Chromium-based browsers on desktop and laptop computers running Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Additionally, we offer the option to add your protection to up to 5 computers of your own, to invite up to 5 family members to join your plan, and cover five computers of their own - all at no additional cost.
Learn how to:
Note: Chrome for mobile doesn't yet support browser extensions, so Guardio's protection doesn't extend to devices other than your computer. Our team is working tirelessly to develop all-around cybersecurity solutions in response to the growing demand. When these new features become available, every Guardio user will be informed.
Guardio is a provider of browser protection and data breach monitoring. Our mission is to create a secured digital world for everyone.
This sets us apart from other antivirus solutions in a few different ways. When you’re browsing today, there are many kinds of threats that your anti-virus can’t catch. While it can prevent a website from directly downloading a virus onto your computer, it fails to block phishing attacks and many types of malware. Phishing is the most common online threat today, with over 200,000 online attacks happening each year.
- Traditional antivirus programs try to remove threats after you're already infected. Guardio blocks threats before they reach your computer.
- There’s no need to manually scan for threats or apply updates because Guardio protects in real-time.
- Guardio doesn’t use excessive resources that cause your computer to run slower.
- Guardio works well alongside other security tools without conflict.
Below, you will find a list of our features:
- Prevents Phishing Attacks – Guardio warns you against opening fake messages or visiting fraudulent websites where hackers can instantly load malicious software to your hard drive.
- Removes Push Notifications – Those little reminder messages and alerts you receive can contain malware and spyware.
- Removes Harmful Extensions – It’s hard for antivirus software to catch malicious extensions because your browser is a “trusted” application. Guardio stops and removes them.
- Avoids Email Leaks – Email attacks are most often the root cause of intentional, criminal data leaks. If there is a threat hiding in an email, Guardio alerts you before you open it.
- Information Leak Monitoring – The remote workforce has increased the use of cloud-based collaborative tools. Whether malicious intent or human error, Guardio can detect a leak in your personal data so you can avoid identity theft.
- Speeds Up Your Computer – Guardio cleans your browser of dangerous malware and spyware. It speeds up your browser and protects your private information.