Guardio offers everyone a 7-day, no-obligation free trial, so you can give it a try before you buy. We totally understand if Guardio is not right for you at the moment, but we do recommend that you always use browser protection any time you’re online.
In this article, we’ll show you how to cancel your free trial.
What to know first:
- As soon as your free trial ends you’ll be on the Guardio free tier, and you will only be partially protected.
- If you decide to continue with your free trial you’ll be charged for your subscription with the billing information you provided when you signed up.
- You can reactivate your protection at any time.
- If you don’t cancel your free trial before it ends, you’ll be charged for the subscription with the billing information you provided when you signed up.
- Uninstalling the Guardio extension or sending an email to support does not end your free trial or delete your account.
If you signed up for a free trial on your desktop, you can cancel your trial from your personal dashboard.
How to cancel your free trial in your desktop:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click your avatar (initials) in the top-right corner
- Click Subscription
- Click Change next to Plan
- Click Turn Off
- Click Cancel Subscription
How to check if your cancellation has been processed:
- Once you cancel your Guardio free trial, you’ll receive a confirmation email. If you don’t see it in your inbox, check your spam folder.
- You can also check your subscription page.
If you were charged for a Guardio subscription:
- If your free trial ended and you’ve already been charged for a subscription, you can still cancel your subscription. You will not be refunded, but it means you will no longer pay for Guardio, and you will be on the free tier.
- If you tried to cancel your trial before it ended but were charged for a subscription, contact our support team for more help.
To view receipts for all payments made on your account:
- Sign in to your subscription page
- Click on View your Receipt. Your receipt includes a reference number, the paid amount, the payment method, and the date of the payment and renewal date.
Note: You can send your receipt to your email by clicking on the envelope.
Find your Guardio account email:
If you have a Guardio charge on your billing statement, but you don’t remember which email account you signed up with, you can contact our support team.
Make sure to provide to include the following information:
- Date of the last charge from Guardio.
- Amount charged.
- Full name on the credit card.
- For PayPal charged the PayPal transaction ID.
We're proud to offer anyone considering Guardio a 7-day, no-obligation-free trial. This way, you can ensure Guardio is a good fit before making a payment.
How can I activate my Trial?
When you begin your trial, we'll ask for some basic information to create your account. This information includes your name, email address, a password of your choosing, and billing preferences. This allows us to reduce fraud and ensure uninterrupted service for those wishing to continue protection past the end of the trial period, but don't worry. We'll send a reminder email two days before your trial ends so you can make any adjustments to your renewal preferences.
How to install Guardio's Live Browser Extension
Next, we'll guide you through a simple two-click installation of the Guardio browser extension. Once installed, Guardio will scan for existing threats like malicious browser extensions, browser hijackers, abusive push notifications, and data breaches involving your information.
For the next seven days, you can sit back and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you're protected. You can see each threat Guardio saved you from on your Dashboard.
- Click here if you have additional email accounts you'd like to protect.
- You can also add this same protection to 4 more computers at no cost. To do this, please follow these instructions: Installing Guardio on Additional Devices.
How can I end the Trial?
If you decide that Guardio isn't a good fit, you can contact our support team for help with any problems you may have encountered, or you can cancel your trial using these instructions before the end of your trial. If you keep your protection, we'll bill the payment method on file for the plan you chose when signing up.
In today's world, it doesn't matter whether you're browsing on a computer with Windows, Mac, Linux, or on a Chromebook. Online threats affect everyone. Given how costly it can be to undo the damage caused by them, it's more important than ever to make sure that you're using some form of protection regardless of the type of computer you're using.
Guardio protects Chrome, Edge, and Chromium-based browsers on desktop and laptop computers running Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Additionally, we offer the option to add your protection to up to 5 computers of your own, to invite up to 5 family members to join your plan, and cover five computers of their own - all at no additional cost.
Learn how to:
Note: Chrome for mobile doesn't yet support browser extensions, so Guardio's protection doesn't extend to devices other than your computer. Our team is working tirelessly to develop all-around cybersecurity solutions in response to the growing demand. When these new features become available, every Guardio user will be informed.
Guardio is a provider of browser protection and data breach monitoring. Our mission is to create a secured digital world for everyone.
This sets us apart from other antivirus solutions in a few different ways. When you’re browsing today, there are many kinds of threats that your anti-virus can’t catch. While it can prevent a website from directly downloading a virus onto your computer, it fails to block phishing attacks and many types of malware. Phishing is the most common online threat today, with over 200,000 online attacks happening each year.
- Traditional antivirus programs try to remove threats after you're already infected. Guardio blocks threats before they reach your computer.
- There’s no need to manually scan for threats or apply updates because Guardio protects in real-time.
- Guardio doesn’t use excessive resources that cause your computer to run slower.
- Guardio works well alongside other security tools without conflict.
Below, you will find a list of our features:
- Prevents Phishing Attacks – Guardio warns you against opening fake messages or visiting fraudulent websites where hackers can instantly load malicious software to your hard drive.
- Removes Push Notifications – Those little reminder messages and alerts you receive can contain malware and spyware.
- Removes Harmful Extensions – It’s hard for antivirus software to catch malicious extensions because your browser is a “trusted” application. Guardio stops and removes them.
- Avoids Email Leaks – Email attacks are most often the root cause of intentional, criminal data leaks. If there is a threat hiding in an email, Guardio alerts you before you open it.
- Information Leak Monitoring – The remote workforce has increased the use of cloud-based collaborative tools. Whether malicious intent or human error, Guardio can detect a leak in your personal data so you can avoid identity theft.
- Speeds Up Your Computer – Guardio cleans your browser of dangerous malware and spyware. It speeds up your browser and protects your private information.
In addition to that, you can protect up to 5 devices with Guardio and invite four additional family members to do the same without the need to pay for each additional device and user.
Your dashboard is your hub for all things Guardio. Here, you can learn about Guardio's features and how they protect you and manage your account.
If you're new to Guardio or want to familiarize yourself with your account, you're in the right place. Here, we'll walk through each page of your dashboard and bring you up to speed on everything you need to know.
When you visit your dashboard, you'll land on the Overview tab. It displays a summary of threats (i.e phishing, identity theft...) Guardio protected you from and information about your device.
On the upper right corner of the page, you can see your protection status. If we have any important messages for you, like trial information, missing permissions, or upcoming expiration dates, they'll appear in a bar at the top of the page. For example, this image displays a message indicating that someone hasn't installed Guardio's browser extension.
Each major feature of Guardio's protection is listed on the left column of the page. Depending on your plan type, you'll see different options and information inside each category.
Your Browsing Activity Page includes all features that protect you while you're actively browsing the Internet:
- Blocking of Malicious Websites (note: this is a premium feature).
- Suspicious Website Alerts
- Suspicious Download Alerts
- Camera & Microphone Alerts
At the bottom of the page, you can see each instance where Guardio took action to protect you. For example, in the image below, you can see a list of websites Guardio blocked. To reveal the full site name, click on the eye located next to "source" at the top of the blocked site list:
What if Guardio blocks a website I need to access? Any time Guardio blocks a website, you have the option to override that block and visit the site anyway. We don't recommend doing this, as websites that seem harmless can have malicious activity going on behind the scenes that you can't see. To learn more about how blocking works and how you can override a block, click here: Guardio Blocked a Familiar Website
Guardio automatically detects and removes malicious extensions that jeopardize your personal information, install adware, or alter your browser settings. Here you can view all features and activities related to extensions on your browser and use the toggle to turn them on or off.
Always make sure that the "Real-Time Protection" toggle is on.
Extension protection includes two features:
- Detection & Automatic removal (premium feature)
- Pre Install Alerts (proactive alerts on suspicious extensions can help you avoid online threats).
Below the features, you can see all installed extensions as well as those that Guardio neutralized and marked as harmful by Guardio:
You can keep track of extension-related activity below the extensions section: Visiting a suspicious store page and removing malicious extensions.
Neutralized extensions indicate that the extension is not actively running within your browser. The only difference is who or what entity prevented the extension from operating. This protects you from all ill effects of malicious browser extensions as they can no longer access your browser or settings.
Unwanted Notifications Cleanup
Guardio's protection is designed to eliminate malicious popups (push notifications) and also prevent you from accepting them in the future. If you have a free account, you will see the number of push sources sending you push notifications. Premium users immediately benefit from the removal of all unwanted notifications.
In the table at the bottom of the page, premium users will see the sources blocked and have access to manage a whitelist. Click here to learn more about whitelisting notification sources.
Here you can view data breaches that contained your information. Data breaches put your privacy at risk. Guardio alerts you so that you can take action quickly and prevent identity theft. If you have a free account, you will have a historical view and can run a scan anytime to search for new leaks. Premium members have real-time monitoring enabled and can monitor up to 5 email accounts. Click here to learn more.
Understand your information:
- Breach Date: When the breach occurred.
- Name: The website or company responsible for the leaked data.
- Leaked: What information was made public.
- Affected users: How many other people were affected by the data leak.
From here, you can control and correct your preferred search engine. Guardio will detect search hijacking attempts and direct your browsing to your preferred search engine. Any hijackers detected will appear in the table at the bottom of the page. The correction of the search engine is a premium feature.
Clicking on your initials from the top right of the screen will open a settings menu.
Under your profile, you can make changes to your account.
- Personal Information: You can change the name associated with your account. However, you cannot change the email connected to your account. If you need help on this matter, contact our support team.
- Password: Reset or change your password, make your changes, and select save.
- Email communication: You can subscribe and unsubscribe to different lists by clicking on the toggle.
- Log out: If you no longer need Guardio on this browser, you can log out from the device. It won't log you out from other devices.
If you're the plan manager, you can control all billing-related issues on your membership page.
- Billing cycle: Easily switch between monthly and annual plans. For example, if you have a monthly plan, decide to save on the monthly fee and switch to annual.
Team accounts can add and remove seats, and payments will be adjusted accordingly.
- Payment Method: View and update your payment method.
- Receipts: View historical payments and resend them to your email whenever needed.
- Plan managers can add and remove members here.
- To add members, type in the email and click "Invite".
- To remove an existing member, click on the 3 dots next to the email address and click "remove".
- If there is a pending invitation, you can resend or revoke it by clicking on the 3 dots next to the email address.
If you need assistance or have a question, this is the place to come.
- Begin by searching for your issue in the help center, most topics are covered, and you will be able to get your answer promptly.
- If you have a security issue that is still happening, send a report. It will help us improve Guardio; the more details, the better.
- If you prefer human responses, contact our support team, and one of our team members will contact you for further assistance.
And that's a wrap! We hope you've enjoyed the tour and will benefit from having Guardio by your side.