Harmful software is any kind of cyber attack that your device can suffer from. That software usually comes from a malicious source that wishes to harm your device or have access to your personal details by penetrating harmful software.
That harmful software can invade and attack your device by taking several actions like clicking a malicious ad or a website, adding a suspicious browser extension, or downloading a harmful file. In certain cases, that harmful software can penetrate your device without taking any action or by being aware of it from the user side.
Here are some examples of harmful software that can harm your device:
- Trojan horses: Harmful malware disguised as a legitimate computer file or programs, such as an image, music file, or spreadsheet.
- Adware: software that generates revenue for its developer by automatically generating online advertisements, those ads mostly come from a malicious source that can harm your device.
- Ransomware: this is a type of malware that prevents or limits users from accessing their system, either by locking the system's screen or by locking the users' files until a ransom is paid.
- Support scam: This is a type of fraud in which a scammer claims to offer a legitimate technical support service, while, its purpose is to hack and have access to your personal online details.
- Malware: is any kind of software intentionally designed to cause disruption to your computer, server, client, or computer network, leak information, or gain unauthorized access to your information or your system.
- Phishing attacks: phishing is a type of social engineering where an attacker sends a fraudulent message designed to trick a person into revealing sensitive information to the attacker or to deploy malicious software on the victim's infrastructure.
Where does Guardio come in?
Guardio is a simple to add - lightweight web browser that helps protect your web environment from harmful software by identifying those threats while you surf the web, before they become a problem, and prevent them from ever penetrating your computer in the first place.
Guardio provides proactive protection against malware, ransomware, phishing & scams. While it tries to prevent support scams, ransomware, and phishing attacks, it also protects your privacy and makes your experience safer and faster by removing every online threat that you are exposed to.