The monitoring list is currently open to users who have the Guardio app installed. To install the app, please click here.
What is a monitoring list?
Your monitoring list is the list of personal details that we monitor for you. Guardio is constantly searching across the internet and the dark web to see if we can find any of your monitoring details somewhere they shouldn’t be - e.g., in a data breach, or for sale on the dark web.
How do I add more details?
- Open the Guardio app on your mobile device.
- Navigate to the Identity Monitoring card within the app.
- Locate and select the "Monitoring List" option.
- Choose the "Add another" option from the available choices.
- You have the option to add an additional email address at this point.
- After entering the required information, expect to receive a verification email for the added information. You will need to verify this email in order to monitor it.
Why do I need it?
Think of an online account you have, like a social media account, pizza delivery, or a shopping site. You almost certainly used your email address or phone number to open these accounts. And there’s a good chance you also entered several other pieces of information, like your credit card details, passwords, address, and maybe even your SSN.
Let’s say a shopping site you’ve used is hacked, and customer details are stolen and posted on the dark web. This is a data leak. Guardio will find you in this data leak with one or more of the details on your monitoring list, like your email address. We will then be able to tell you that the hackers also stole your credit card details, billing address, password, and date of birth.
In other words, the details you add to your monitoring list help us locate you more easily and help us monitor your identity, and alert you the moment any of your data has been compromised. So the more details you add, the more easily and effectively we can alert you when you’re at risk and protect you.