What does Text Message Filtering do?
Text Message Filtering sends spam and phishing texts straight to a junk folder, ensuring that you don’t open or interact with any dangerous SMSs that put you at risk of identity theft or scams.
How does Text Message Filtering work?
Once you turn filtering on, Guardio will scan text messages you receive from unknown senders. If a suspicious link is detected in any of these messages, Guardio will send that message straight to your junk folder.
How do I set up Text Message Filtering?
- Make sure you’re subscribed to a Premium plan
- Go to your phone settings and select “Messages”
- Scroll down and tap “Unknown and Spam”
- Make sure the toggle for “Filter Unknown Senders” is on
- Select “Guardio” under “SMS filtering”
Where can I see the filtered text messages?
- Open Messages on your phone
- Tap “Filters” on the top left
- Under “Filtered By Guardio” tap “Junk”
How do I turn off Text Message Filtering?
- Open the Guardio app and tap “Text Message Filter”
- Tap the 3 dots in the top right and select “Turn protection off”
Guardio is filtering legitimate (non-spam) messages - What should I do?
Guardio only filters messages that come from outside your saved contacts. If Guardio is filtering text messages that you’d like to receive in your main messages folder, simply save the phone number as a new contact on your phone.
Does Guardio read my messages?
No - Guardio does not read any messages from you or your contacts. In fact, we’re not even able to do so. Only texts from unknown senders are scanned with our AI technology to determine whether or not the content contains a link that leads to dangerous phishing websites.